GINGERBREAD LATTE RECIPE
It’s that time of year again, where all the Christmas goodies come out. The rich foods, sweet treats can now be accompanied by the delicious smell of freshly brewed coffee with a hint of warm, nutty gingerbread. Here’s our take on the classic Christmas coffee recipe…Gingerbread Latte.
- 500ml water
- 350ml brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Around 350ml freshly brewed espresso (Mambo Italiano, Original, Cub Espresso would be perfect)
- Around 235ml steamed & frothy milk
- Whipped double cream
- Freshly ground nutmeg
- Mix all the syrup ingredients including water, sugar, ginger, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over a low to medium heat.
- Bring the syrup to boiling point and then reduce the heat, leaving to simmer for around 15 to 20 mins until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Brew a double shot of espresso. While that’s brewing, warm or steam your milk using your preferred method.
- Layer up your latte by pouring your espresso into a tall latte glass, adding around 4 tablespoons of syrup topped with the warm / steamed milk. Gentle stir the mixture.
- For that additional indulgence, top the latte with some whipped cream and a small pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Share with friends and enjoy!
It might seem like a lot of effort to go to for just a latte, but it’s totally worth it and you can make more syrup and save for quite a while in the fridge.